Sunday, March 1, 2009

February at a Glance..

Once again I am behind... I will do lots of notes today to catch up... On February 7th, Wyatt went bowling the first time... he really wasn't very interested in it! I think we got about 7 frames out of him, then he wanted to hang out in the arcade area.. We then went to my high school friend's - Emily's - and visited for a few hours with friends and their kids.. It was a good time and Wyatt warmed up quickly. I have added some pictures from the night. Sunday the 8th we just laid around recovering from a busy Saturday. Daddy was hung over and tired from a squirrel tournament and a day of drinking...

Mimi Patti came in town Tuesday the 10th. It was a beautiful day outside!!! I boundled the babies up and took them outside to enjoy a quick walk.. Wyatt left February 11th with Mimi and didn't come home until the 15th. He loves his trips to Mimi's... She and uncle Rob spoil him rotten!!! Patti played an old cartoon of Daffy Duck for Wyatt. It was in black and white. Wyatt told her that he didn't want to watch it b/c it was like the newspaper! He also went to a Culver Stockton game with Rob. They were going back the second night, but Wyatt said it was too crowded there and he wanted to stay at home and play. HE HAS PRIORITIES! He called us every day and talked to the babies.. just kept saying hi sweetie, hi bubba..

On the 11th, I took both babies to the doctor. Hattie hadn't been eating very well and Hudson was being fussy, well, more fussy than usual. Hudson had drainage in his nose and throat, but his ears looked good. Hattie had another ear infection. Hudson weighed 12 lbs, 2 oz and Hattie weighed 11 lbs, 1 oz. Hattie went on Augmentin for 10 days. It was not the same ear as her last infection. I still didn't feel great but didn't go to the doctor.

Friday the 13th was Christina's surprise 30th birthday party. My mom and dad came over to stay with the babies. We first went to El Jimador for the fake surprise party. I drank two margaritas, my first night with little to no responsibility. We then headed out to Christina and Marcus' for the actual surprise. It was a fun night, catching up with the bunko girls. I sat at the the table all night drinking wine, sharing some laughs.

The 13th and 14th of February were a lot of firsts for me... First time out since the babies were born, first time puking in the sink (pink french fries - from wine mixing with lunch!), and first time having a hang over with three kids. Ben had to referee 6 games on the 14th, Happy Valentine's Day to us. Luckily Aunt Heather and Grandma Janice helped me with the babies. The 14th we went to an anniversary party and ate Ethel's catering, a hangover favorite!

Sunday, February 15th we left to go get Wyatt. I slept the whole way, as I still didn't feel good and was tired after being up several times with Hudson the night before. Ben's stomach hurt, nervous about Monday. Monday Ben had no school and the kids daycare was closed, but I had to work, so it was their first day to spend all day together.

I finally gave in and went to the doctor on the 16th, and wasn't surprised that I had pneumonia. I was told to stay home a few days, take a prescription and a breathing treatment 4 times a day... I did good the first few days, but it didn't last long. I don't have the time for those darn breathing treatments.. anyway, Ben and the kids survived without me. Ben did say that if Hudson was our first born, he probably would have been an only child.

Tuesday, the 17th Hudson went back to the doctor. He had been crying alot and sleeping terrible. He ended up with a double ear infection, and weighed 12 lbs, 5oz. the doctor also thought he had pink eye and gave us some very expensive drops!

Ben's grandpa, his dad's dad, passed away Saturday the 21st. Ben traveled with his dad and Janice to Galesburg Illinois for the visitation and funeral. He left on Monday morning and came back on Wednesday evening.

One of the worst days of my career life was Wednesday, the 25th of February. It was announced that my office was closing in July (the 24th) and I would be out of a job. I have cried a lot, have been very mad and very sad. I have good days and bad days. This was a job that I actually love since my promotion, I have great benefits, and get paid very well. I initially tried to convince myself and Ben that we should move to St. Louis, where I would at least still have the same pay, but would have to be an adjuster again as there are no management positions available. Ben convinced me that this is just not the answer for us and has been supportive that I will find something else and we can make it on lesser pay.. I keep reminding myself that this is just a job and I have a lot more in life to be proud of.

I had my follow-up appt on the 26th, and still had pneunomia. No surprise really, I was still wheezing, and still too busy to rest.. Plus, I haven't had a good night's sleep in months... The doctor was a little irrated with me and gave me a few more prescriptions. I am trying to abide by her requests.

Jen came over on Friday the 27th and helped me with the babies, since Ben had 4 games to referee. Saturday after Ben worked again we hung out at home and Marcus and Christina and the boys came over. Sunday, I took Wyatt to see Are We Done Yet, which was not really an appropriate movie for his age. I asked him at the break in the middle if he wanted to stay or go. He said he was scared of those racoons and was ready to leave. We went home in time for Grandpa and Grandma Meldrum to come visit.

Wyatt has a tendency to come home and give Ben some attitude, or try to ignore him. Ben told him that was unacceptable and told Wyatt to go back to the garage door and come back in the house and try this again. Wyatt went right over and did it, totally acting like he had just gotten home, serious as can be. He told Ben hi, told him he missed him and gave him a kiss and a hug. very sweet.

Wyatt amazes us daily. I feel like he is so smart and so thoughtful! He on Monday night started the conversation by asking me to feel his ankle bone. He then asked how he had his body. I explained how he had bones, joints and muscles. He asked how his body was made. I told him that God made his body for him. He thought for a minute and asked, "did I say hi to God?" I told him yes.. he then asked "did I say hi to Jesus and his mommy?" I said yes. He asked, "why did God make me?" I said b/c he knew Daddy and Mommy loved him very much and would love him forever. He was satisfied with this and then asked me to come to bed with him and watch a movie. I thought this was all a pretty big conversation for a 3 year old..

1 comment:

StephB said...

That's a good tip about going out and coming back in, I'll have to try that one. Colten has his defiant evenings as well. Sorry to hear about your job sweetie, I'll keep my eyes open for ya.