Friday, October 31, 2008

10-30-08 Appt

My appt went fine.. nothing new which was disappointing.. I am still dilated to 4 and 90% effaced. Dr. Floyd hugged me two different times, I guess proud that I made it this far. He asked what these babies are waiting for? I said I have no idea, but I am ready for them to start listening to me.. He said they were waiting on him.. in that case, this weekend will probably be pretty uneventful and they will come on Monday... I have to be there at 6:30, but he says he is betting the babies won't be here until 2:00, definitely not before noon... but he says as soon as he said that, they will probably prove him wrong! The good news is, he says since I have already progressed so much I can have the epidural right away. I wonder if the epidural will take away all of my other complaints... :( I got a flu shot.. babies heart rates were in 140's - Hudson's was higher. Hudson was still, Hattie was going crazy.

I didn't sleep well at all.. last night I was up 3 straight hours, from 1-4, then up again at 5:30 for a little bit, then up at 6:57 when Wyatt woke me.. wanting to know if it was a stay-home day.

Wyatt's update - his surgery went very well. We had to be there at 8:15. We let him sleep until 7:50, so there was little time to want anything to drink or eat. He was very well behaved. Actually asked several times when they were going to take him back so he could blow up the balloon that they promised. The surgery took an hour. Dr. McDonald said that he had a sinus infection and that his adenoids were very large. His left ear has some side effects from having so much fluid for so long, something has been pushed really far back, but the good thing is - it was pushed back in a good way and not a damaging way. His adenoids were removed, or shaven, and the tubes were put in. He said we need these tubes to stay in a while so lets hope for the best. We went back there and he was crying, very out of it. He would roll his eyes and fall back to sleep, did that several times. He had an iv in, which as a parent is hard to see.. luckily he was back asleep when they took it out. We left there at 11:30 and stopped at Schulte's for jello. He slept until we got home and watched Diego. After Diego he wanted some jello and apple juice. Then chicken and chips.. two helpings... (so much for the liquid and soft food diet). He slept for several hours after eating and then woke up wanting El Jimador. We took advantage of it b/c once the babies come we won't be going for a while... On the way there Wyatt told Ben to drive faster b/c he was so hungry and said that his throat hurt b/c he didn't have his chicken taco in his mouth. Needless to say, he is back to normal today and watching Mickey Mouse while I type this. We are going to his Halloween party and then going to McDonalds with papa Dennis.

I will get one more belly shot update. I have gained almost 50 POUNDS. I am a hog.

So... I will have my computer Monday and my cell phone. I will update when I can. 3 more nights of miserable sleep, then just sleepless nights which will be a lot more rewarding...

1 comment:

Bill, Lauren, Will and Caroline said...

Ben and Jeni,
Patti sent your blog to Judy, who in turn sent it to us. We are so glad to catch up with all that is going on and can't wait to see those babies. What an exciting, yet I'm sure nervous, time for you guys. We will be praying for you on Monday and the days and weeks to come. Hope we can see you and your kids too. My e-mail is Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you an invite to view our blog. Hope to talk soon!