Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May 30th was Ben and I’s 6 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated it on Friday night, the 29th, and went to a 60th birthday party. My mom and dad came over and watched the kids for us. Saturday, the 30th, Ben actually played in a golf tournament and the kids and I hung out. Hudson started sitting from a crawling position. He did it a couple of times. He is still not crawling, but close. He rocks back in forth on all fours, but then gets down and kinda drags himself forward. Sunday we went to the river with Scott, Kelly, Mike, Traci, Brad and Krissy and all of the kids. It was a nice day.. I was tired from Hudson keeping me up. He slept terrible the night before!!! We went to El Jimador after the river.

Ben and I were both off on Monday, the 1st. We would pick a very hot day to take off to do yard work!! We did get a lot accomplished though, which was a great feeling. It has been impossible to get anything done at the house with the babies home, especially yard work. I had weeds everywhere. We stopped at 2:00 and came inside to rest for a while before picking up the kids. We have to be on our toes when they are home!

Tuesday morning Ben drove me to Linn to meet one of my coworkers. I helped him to go get his new company car in Sullivan. I had to ride in the back seat because he had his portable desk in the front seat. I get very car sick, very easy… this was a rough ride down curvy roads.. makes my head spin thinking about it. The good news is, I get to drive his old car for work purposes for now. Very excited about that!

Finally, on Tuesday night, I decided I was going to let Hudson cry it out again. I have been exhausted lately, as that kid will wake up 2 to 3 times a night, and has only slept through the night 2 times in his life. Tuesday night he cried for 1 hour and 45 minutes straight, only stopping for about 30 seconds here and there to catch his breath. I went in a couple of times, which, looking back, probably only made it worse.

Wednesday, June 3rd, I took the day off and went with Sheila and Deann to Lee Summit to see Kim. We had a nice trip, but it seemed so short! We did some shopping and ate lunch while we were there. We did get some visiting in too! Hudson cried Wednesday night for 1 hour and 15 minutes straight… a sign of improvement!

Thursday, June 4th….. A day of firsts!!!!! Hudson got his first tooth! It is on the bottom, the left of the front ones. The right one is right there and ready to get break through any day. Hattie came home in her first pig tails! Daycare put them in, and they were so cute. What a big girl! Both babies also started to stand on their own while holding on to something that night too. They can’t stay up for more than 10 to 30 seconds, but they can do it!!! And HUDSON SLEPT ALL NIGHT! Hattie has started screaming, just for fun. SHE IS SO LOUD! She gets a red face from screaming so much. I guess she just likes to hear herself. It is funny and cute!

Friday we left for camping. It was our first outing in the camper and our first with the babies. We went with Nick and Jessica. We got to the camp site around 6:00. The babies did good on the ride there and slept most of the way there. Things were hectic though, because Ben was busy doing the camping and dinner stuff while I was trying to entertain the kids. I was burnt out and needed a drink. I never got one b/c by the time I had all three of them asleep I was ready for bed. I tried to let Hudson cry it out when he woke during the night, but it was too close of quarters and I couldn’t take it. He woke up two times. Saturday we went out on the Lake for 4 or 5 hours. Wyatt had a great time in his little boat and the babies were pretty good too. I worried about them getting sunburned and tried to keep them under this stupid umbrella that constantly fell or collapsed with the wind… Saturday night we fixed dinner and I planned to drink once the kids were asleep. However, I fell asleep with Wyatt and never made it back to the camp fire. I had the shock of my life during the night though… I woke up about 3:00 to the sound of crying outside. I knew that it was Wyatt crying.. I yelled Ben’s name a couple of times and ran outside. Wyatt was sleep walking and was outside the camper!!!!!!!!!!! I picked him up and carried him back inside. He wanted apple juice and finally calmed down. When I laid he back down he asked me why I was outside. I told him I wasn’t until I went to get him. So, apparently he thought I was outside in his dream and went to get me. I can’t believe I didn’t hear him b/c he was sleeping very close to me… but I didn’t hear a thing until he was crying…. Scary, because our campsite was next to the water.. Sunday we got up early and started packing up to come home.

Sunday afternoon we went to Chace’s birthday party. He turned one on the 4th. He dug into his cake! It was cute! Sunday night I let Hudson cry it out again. He did pretty good! He probably only cried for no more than ½ hour. Last night he did good too! I think he only cried for 10 minutes or so. We are getting closer!!!! Of course on the nights that Hudson does good, Hattie doesn’t do as well! She woke up at 4:00 to eat.

Dinner time has really calmed down around the house finally.. I have Hattie and Hudson entertained with biter biscuits. Hudson eats most of his.. Hattie just beats the crap out of hers and makes a huge mess.

Wyatt has been moved to the big kid group at daycare. I could tell almost the same day just because he is talking about different things now. He knows the days of the week in order and is getting pretty good at the months. He is more aware of what letter some words start with and has even talked about some small math additions. The other day he was very serious as he explained to Ben that even though Hattie has little boobies, she is a girl and is just a baby. He told me the other day on the way home that “Hollywood has brothers in Canton, in Mimi’s world”. When we got home from camping, Wyatt told me “Mommy, I missed home and glad to be home. I missed my toys, my bouncy balls, everything.” He asks after almost anything we say, "How you know that?". He asked Ben something the other day and Ben said he didn't know. Wyatt told him, "well, that is because you don't listen very well." - guess he told him! He still has lots of trouble saying his s's.. which I had to go to speech class to correct. He says "sink" for "think".. love that.. so cute. Wyatt is SO PROTECTIVE of the babies. He worries about them choking on legos... he gets mad at one of them if they are mean to the other, he hugs them, talks to them... and he gets so proud of them when they do new stuff. Right now he is always in the back seat telling them how proud he is and how big they are when they try to sit up or pull their head up in their seats..

No comments: